Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Team Lead - Advanced Systems Capture (665423) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Team Lead – Advanced Systems Capture
The person in this role will lead a team of Advanced Systems Managers (ASMs) who are each focused on identifying, shaping, and winning technology development, architecture study, and hardware demonstration contracts. This position reports to the Advanced Technologies & Missions (ATM) mission area, which develops future discriminators for our National Defense (ND) Strategic Business Unit.
What you'll do:
- Advance the future of Ball Aerospace by (a) developing our next generation of Advanced Systems Managers and (b) enabling successful new business capture of projects that develop innovative concepts and technologies.
- Participate in the ATM leadership team, developing overall strategic direction and leading implementation of our goals and plans to meet our objectives.
- Support a team of ASMs in building customer and partner relationships, shaping opportunities, developing capture strategies and leading proposal teams. May be called on to perform the ASM role. Accountable for the overall performance of the ASM team.
- Manage ASMs including task assignments, mentorship, performance reviews, and staff development plans. Create advancement paths for ASMs in ATM and throughout ND.
- Assess and communicate the needs of ATM business development to organizations across Ball.
- Partner with the ND Business Development, Capture, and Strategy Manager to understand and adapt tools, processes, and training programs for ATM ASMs. Ensure ATM business development and capture are consistent with Ball’s policy and processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field plus 12 or more years of broad aerospace experience including programs and proposals.
- Each higher level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and capture practices including building customer and partner relationships, developing capture strategies, managing capture teams, and writing proposals.
- Commitment to creating an environment where developing ASMs have the tools, support, and motivation to continually grow their skills.
- Passion for creativity and innovation in developing cutting edge concepts and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Up to 30% travel and local commute between Ball campuses may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Team Lead - Advanced Systems Capture (665423)
Job ID: 665423
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time