Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Tax Senior in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for the preparation and review of federal, state, and foreign income tax returns, information returns, and other disclosures required in compliance with tax laws. Repsonsible for the effective maintenance of the tax compliance software assists in the preparation of the quarterly and annual consolidated income tax provision.
- Preparation and review of the U.S. Consolidated federal income tax filing and foreign information returns for Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Preparation and review of various other required U.S. and state filings including but not limited to forms 990, 1042, etc.
- Preparation and review of various combined, consolidated, and separate company state income tax filings.
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual worldwide income tax provision and financial statement disclosures.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of income tax accrual accounts and deferred tax balances in accordance with internal control policies.
- Assists with identification, documentation and execution of key controls over the tax provision and compliance processes.
- Maintains thorough and accurate tax records, supporting analyses, and documentation of tax filing positions, including proper tax accounting and classification of temporary and permanent book/tax differences.
- Preparation of written correspondence and other documentation for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities in response to exam requests or other notices.
- Assists in research, analysis, and implementation of tax planning strategies to ensure compliance with tax legislation and to minimize the company’s tax liability.
- Assists with the transformation and automation of the quarterly and annual income tax provision process utilizing Corptax income tax provision software.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Corptax compliance and provision software.
- Ability to perform accurate analysis and summarization of financial and tax information involving large volumes of financial data.
- Prepares U.S and Canadian taxable income estimates for operating plan and tax payment purposes.
- Reviews workpapers, calculations and tax returns prepared by tax staff.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3-5 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: CPA or equivalent professional credentials in accounting and financial reporting
- Public accounting or large multinational corporation experience
- Working knowledge of financial reporting, general ledger, fixed asset, and tax compliance and provision systems
- Basic understanding of U.S. income tax laws related to corporations, partnership, controlled foreign corporations, foreign and domestic disregarded entity classifications
- Basic understanding of accounting for income taxes under U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, including ASC740
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including ability to work with large volumes of financial and tax data
- Effective in managing a diverse workload, including meeting various special project, monthly accounting and tax compliance deadlines
- 5% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Tax Senior
Job ID: 665287
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time