Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Cost Accountant in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
*Primary Purpose of Position : *
Provides technical support to the cost accounting function as directed.
- Develops and monitors procedures and guidelines for the division financial organization. This includes the maintenance of the beverage division accounting policies.
- Leads divisional projects to better utilize systems and resources in order to drive or support value-add initiatives.
- Monitors individual plant closings to ensure the following of proper cost accounting procedures and assists the plants in issue resolution.
- Performs month-end close accounting and assists in the analysis and preparation of divisional financial results for the corporate consolidation.
- Responsible for ensuring that raw materials, finished goods, and storeroom physical inventories are being taken and documented.
- Liaises with other divisions and shared services functions in the performance of accounting responsibilities and in implementing company-wide initiatives.
- Works with plant controllers to continue standardization of monthly closings and communicates divisional directives to ensure proper implementation.
- Prepares/reviews monthly analyses and reports for plant and division management.
- Analyzes monthly cost statements and explain any variances deemed unusual.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
- Broad training in a related field acquired through Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Finance degree may be acceptable with recent and relevant accounting work experience.
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum.
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: CPA preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: advanced accounting principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; cost accounting, computer spreadsheets (Excel) and word processing (MS Word) programs.
- Ability to speak before others.
- Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate, and pay attention to details.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Cost Accountant
Job ID: 664905
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time