Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Contracts Administrator (664831) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Contracts Administrator
*Serve as a Senior Contract Administrator and manage a variety of contracts in the Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit (SBU) of Ball Aerospace.*
What You'll Do:
- Provide contract administration functions in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Work with program and customer management to determine and meet program requirements.
- May form and administer contracts.
- Review and interpret contracts, modifications and change orders; prepare contract review records and obtain necessary management approvals.
- Recommend and implement negotiation strategies and techniques.
- Participate in contract-negotiating team.
- Participate in change proposals and their negotiations.
- Prepare presentations for program and customer management review.
- Prepare sales and profit accruals.
- Participate in the development of contract systems and procedures.
- Develop and provide required information to Supply Chain and Program Management organizations.
- Prepare and maintain required contract administration documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations.
- May act as official company liaison for and resolve contract matters with customer management.
- Coordinate the work of and assist in the training of other contract administrators.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You'll Need: *
- BS in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience (preferably in Federal government contracts related work).
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, computer fluency, agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written explanations required.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered.
- A demonstrated background of legal, business, regulatory, and programmatic aspects of federal government prime and subcontract management preferred.
- Experience with major aerospace primes/subs preferred.
- Broad experience in working with customer RFPs to include: terms/conditions, Reps & Certs, negotiation strategies, Price Negotiation Memorandums, and negotiations, including the Truth In Negotiation Act (TINA) preferred.
- Experience with various contract fee arrangements (award and incentive fee contracts), cost reimbursement, fixed price, and T&M; contracts preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word applications.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Contracts Administrator (664831)
Job ID: 664831
Location: CO - Broomfield;CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time