Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Contracts Administrator (664773) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Contracts Administrator
*What You'll Do: *
- Manage a variety of contracts in the National Defense contracts department.
- Work extensively with all levels of program and functional personnel and executive leadership within National Defense and Ball Aerospace to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements.
- Assume a leadership role in proposal development of new and follow-on business and change proposals.
- Develop professional relationships with program and customer personnel for the advancement of long-term business opportunities.
- Propose and negotiate terms and conditions that mitigate business risks, ensuring company empowered official is aware of any International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issues.
- Negotiate favorable payment terms to affect shareholder value.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You'll Need: *
- BS in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience (preferably in Federal government contracts related work).
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- *Active TS/SCI Preferred.*
- A demonstrated background of legal, business, regulatory, and programmatic aspects of federal government prime and subcontract management (from the subcontractor point of view).
- Experience with Federal Government, DoD and/or major Aerospace primes.
- Broad experience in working with customer RFPs to include: Terms/conditions, Reps & Certs, negotiation strategies, PNM’s, and negotiations.
- Experience with incentive fee contracts, cost reimbursement, fixed price, production, and T&M; contracts.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and computer fluency.
- Agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written explanations required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Contracts Administrator (664773)
Job ID: 664773
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time