Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Advanced Systems Manager-National Intelligence Space (664661) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Advanced Systems Manager – National Intelligence Space
We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Systems Manager with demonstrated skills and experience in business development, business capture, and program management for Intelligence Community and Department of Defense markets.
What you'll do:
- The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, lead, and manage activities involving the identification and pursuit of new business opportunities, subsequent acquisitions, and execution of new business within the National Intelligence Space mission area in the National Defense business unit.
- Capture activities include coordination with company business development personnel, management of personnel in the development of solutions in response to stated customer needs, development and execution of capture plans and strategies, leadership of pursuit and proposal activities, and customer relationship management.
- Provide leadership to engineers and staff focused on capturing system, subsystem, and payload opportunities supporting national and restricted markets.
- Direct innovative research and establish industry partnerships necessary to effectively compete.
- Work with and manage internal support personnel to develop technical, cost, and schedule estimates in response to customer requests for information/requests for proposal, and will directly manage capture personnel assigned to these activities.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business opportunities, strategies, competitive intelligence, and market and legislative forecasts commensurate with company financial and strategic plans relative to the purpose noted above.
- Coordinate and establish contacts with key government and industry customers and stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS degree in a related field, plus 15 or more years of related experience is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience working in aerospace, the intelligence community, defense, or related industry.
- Current TS/SCI access is required.
- Detailed understanding of the individual customers, their priorities, and potential industry competitors.
- Strong technical competence.
- Demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities.
- Superb presentation skills and experience presenting to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver proposals including strong technical writing skills.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Influencing, communication, and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Experience working and operating within classified program environments is necessary.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of SIGINT systems and signal processing is desired.
- Demonstrated experience working in terrestrial, airborne, maritime, and/or space domains is desired.
- Strong programmatic background with government or industry is desirable.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic business plans is a strong plus.
* Working Conditions:*
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Advanced Systems Manager-National Intelligence Space (664661)
Job ID: 664661
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time