Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Accountant, Corporate in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging delivers more than just a cold drink. We take pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
Since the aerosol can revolutionized consumer products in the 1940s, Ball has refined and improved the technology to suit today’s needs. We recently developed a new metal alloy that reduces the weight of our aluminum aerosol cans by as much as 15%. We also breathed new air into aerosol technology with the introduction of our next generation of tinplate aerosol packaging, which is helping us meet and exceed our customers’ growing expectations.
Metal food packaging has set the standard for freshness and preservation for well over a century, and we continue to push boundaries and innovate in this sector. What excites us most is the sustainability advantages that metal packaging provides. It is one of the most environmentally friendly and economical forms of packaging.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs the majority of duties independently. Responsible for the recording and the accounting of compensation, group insurance, and certain other employee benefit programs.
- Responsible for the completion of key functions as part of the month end closing process, including the preparation and input of journal entries. Records transactions for the corporate division including stock, derivatives, compensations and benefits, debt transactions as well as intercompany transactions.
- Understands and executes against key SOX control activities over the financial close process.
- Develops and maintains various financial reports using JDE, HFM, and Smartview Excel files.
- Researches accounting entries and analyzes processes to identify and recommend appropriate procedures and controls to ensure that transactions are properly recorded.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of multiple general ledger accounts and completes balance sheet fluctuation analyses.
- Analyzes and records entries to accrue for employee bonus programs and elected deferred compensation, including payments and interest.
- Analyzes and completes pension entries, including accruals, amortization and actuarial adjustments. Completes and analyzes pension roll-forwards. Provides related data to operations and prepares analysis to support financial disclosure information.
- Prepares monthly management analysis summarizing group insurance and/or worker’s compensation expense and accrual components for all domestic operations and monitors the adequacy of the accruals. Provides recommendations for accrual adjustments if the account balance varies from expected.
- Provides data to support financial disclosures for pensions, retiree medical, debt, derivatives and/or stock.
- Acts as a liaison to the operations independent/internal auditors and other corporate departments on payroll and benefit accounting issues and qualified benefit plan audits.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum
- 1-2 years in public accounting or 2-3 years as a general ledger accountant, compensation and benefits accounting experience is a plus
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Chartered Accountant or CPA preferred
- Multilingual preferred (Portuguese, French, Spanish)
- Skilled at analytical and problem-solving techniques to troubleshoot problems independently
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Generally accepted accounting principles as related to the essential functions of this position
- Integrated financial and ERP systems
- General management techniques and principles
10% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Accountant, Corporate
Job ID: 664630
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time