Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace QC Inspector IV - Quality Assurance (666317) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
QC Inspector IV – Quality Assurance
Provide inspection of materials, articles, processes, or tests in order to assure compliance to established requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Develop & maintain working knowledge of Ball Process Library.
- Create and maintain First Article Inspection Reports, as required.
- Accept or reject materials or articles; identify and document non-conformances to engineering, specifications, & standards and notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of items
- Apply/enforce/comprehend accept/reject criteria and revision status from engineering drawings, MIL-specs, screening specs, or process certification training.
- Witness or monitor functional/performance testing at sub-assembly and/or end-item level.
- Obtain and maintain all certification process certifications required for assigned tasks.
- Perform Final Inspection and review documentation required for end-item shipments.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts, within the department, the programs/work centers and the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Substantial level of competency in Quality Control (QC) principles, tools (i.e. micrometers, calipers, etc.), and standards
- Ability to independently resolve most QC related issues to closure or conclusion
- Initiative and independence in areas of expertise and knowledge
- Familiarity with basic computer usage for data entry and required employee interaction (i.e. email, timekeeping, inspection results)
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: QC Inspector IV - Quality Assurance (666317)
Job ID: 666317
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time