Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Proposal Manager (664848) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Responsible for all aspects of proposal development efforts for Ball Aerospace. This includes directing and coordinating the activities of Proposal Volume Leaders and numerous technical authors and consultants to produce high-quality winning proposals. Will work closely with the Capture Manager and/or Business Development Manager to develop and articulate technical and management solutions for proposals, whitepapers, presentations, and other business materials.
Will also be responsible for leading/mentoring less experienced proposal staff and proposal writers. Contribute to proposal development writing efforts, when required. Work with Business Area personnel across the enterprise, and consultants, as well as Teammates to create compelling documents. In addition, will interface with a range of matrixed resources across the enterprise and temporary help to support business acquisition and proposal development efforts.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of proposal development (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the customer.
- Identify and secure the resources necessary to develop the proposal.
- Analyze solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) in conjunction with other customer requirements and communications, and determine final document structure.
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedule outline and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits.
- Coordinate and lead major project meeting events, such as Kick-off Meetings, Strategy Meetings, Pink, Red, and Gold Color Team reviews, etc.
- Arrange for facilities, communicate with participants, and prepare necessary materials.
- Lead effective storyboarding and development of strategic win themes and discriminators.
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical and program management staff to extract critical information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions.
- Develop and manage a proposal schedule.
- Meet established deliverables and production deadlines
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors.
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the project timeline.
- Support and ensure proposal center processes are followed, standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in accordance with established guidelines.
- Manage the collection and editing of proposal materials to ensure compliance.
- Ensure proposals are compliant with all section L&M; or similar instructions/requirements.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate.
- Monitor and remaining current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience. MS degree is preferred.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience winning proposal efforts valued at $50M or more.
- Experience with MS Office business applications.
- Proposal leadership skills, with the ability to build a strong team, effectively resolve conflict, and vector appropriate resources to maximize proposal development.
- Experience in keeping a team focused and moving toward developing a compliant, compelling, competitive - winning document.
- Exceptional people skills to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Superior verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Experience in mentoring and coaching less experienced staff and (proposal inexperienced) senior operations staff who are writing proposals for the first time.
- Management skills to direct and orchestrate large proposal team efforts.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work with little direction and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends as required.
- Current on the latest Proposal Development tools and best practices
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in Proposal Management
- Formal proposal training and/or certifications (APMP, Shipley)
- Experience with the SharePoint, and the Adobe suite
- Experience supporting a wide variety of solicitation size, complexity, and submission window
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in Proposal Management
- Government proposal management experience for DoD and IC solutions and procurements
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a dynamic environment operating with high-pressure deadlines
- Active TS/SCI clearance, with Polygraph
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Proposal Manager (664848)
Job ID: 664848
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time