Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Program Manager I-Space Resilience & Survivability (665191) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Program Manager I – Space Resilience & Survivability
We are currently recruiting for a new Program Manager at Ball Aerospace. This position reports to the Space Resilience & Survivability business area of National Defense (ND), which supports the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community, with a focus on customer groups that provide resiliency to the overall space architecture.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for overall program leadership, direction and guidance that ensures successful program execution in accordance with the budget, schedule, contract, Statement of Work (SOW) and technical specifications.
- Act as an interface with the Customer on program related subjects.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control activities within a program to satisfy contractual requirements and meet financial commitments to the company.
- Review and evaluate the program status on a continuing basis and apply the necessary corrective action to achieve program objectives and goals.
- Provide program control through organization and communication of program requirements, purposes and objectives, while ensuring good employee and customer relations.
- Work closely with Strategic Business Unit (SBU) management to communicate program progress and resolve issues and concerns.
- Work with Strategic Support Unit (SSU) management to ensure the program is staffed with appropriate skill levels and that work is being accomplished according to plan.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Identify and ensure required compliance with the government and company regulations, policies/procedures and guidelines; negotiate acceptance/approval of all program plans with internal interfaces and the customer.
- Ensure that program requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed-down to the internal team and subcontractors.
- Develop and monitor fidelity of the program baseline including definition of tasks, program budgets and program schedules.
- Employ proactive risk & opportunity management processes and practices to mitigate or capture potential program issues and improvements.
- Employ Earned Value (EV) and Earned Value Management (EVM) processes and practices including variance reporting.
- Provide leadership to the program team, balancing the needs of the program with individual expectations. Be an advocate for career development of members of the program team.
- Create a motivational environment where team members understand the mission, are fully engaged and empowered to execute, and are recognized for their performance.
- Resolve conflicts, demands and priorities on assigned programs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in Engineering, Math, Physics or a related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Top Secret clearance required in addition to any special access required for the program information.
- Program management and leadership experience in the development of space flight hardware, software, or ground systems is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong background in aerospace programs with emphasis on customer interaction, team building, and program control.
- A self-starter with the ability to understand the big picture as well as technical, budget, and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects.
- Thorough understanding of program management practices including: planning and budgeting, schedule development, change control, risk and opportunity management, earned value, and communications.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Work may be performed in a laboratory or customer location (non-Ball locations).
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Up to 10-20% business travel may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Program Manager I-Space Resilience & Survivability (665191)
Job ID: 665191
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time