Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Program Manager I (664949) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Program Manager I – National Defense Programs *
Manage space and ground system programs for the National Defense (ND) organization within Ball Aerospace. The ND business unit consists of a wide variety of space-based hardware/software and ground solutions for Government and prime contractor customers to meet National Security Space mission needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for overall program leadership, direction and guidance that ensures successful program execution in accordance with the budget, schedule, contract, Statement of Work (SOW) and technical specifications.
- Act as an interface with the Customer on program related subjects.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control activities within a program to satisfy contractual requirements and meet financial commitments to the company.
- Review and evaluate the program status on a continuing basis and apply the necessary corrective action to achieve program objectives and goals.
- Provide program control through organization and communication of program requirements, purposes and objectives, while ensuring good employee and customer relations.
- Work closely with Strategic Business Unit (SBU) management to communicate program progress and resolve issues and concerns.
- Work with Strategic Support Unit (SSU) management to ensure the program is staffed with appropriate skill levels and that work is being accomplished according to plan.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Identify and ensure required compliance with the government and company regulations, policies/procedures and guidelines; negotiate acceptance/approval of all program plans with internal interfaces and the customer.
- Coordinate the shared use of capital assets and company facilities with other programs.
- Ensure that program requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed-down to the internal team and subcontractors.
- Develop and monitor fidelity of the program baseline including definition of tasks, program budgets and program schedules.
- Employ proactive risk & opportunity management processes and practices to mitigate or capture potential program issues and improvements.
- Employ Earned Value (EV) and Earned Value Management (EVM) processes and practices including variance reporting.
- Lead change proposal efforts for program including pre-coordination with customer to establish expectations.
- Lead in the development of program add-on/follow-on activities including capture planning, program execution strategies, definition of assumptions and ground rules, and developing executable program plans.
- Lead technical, contracts, and subcontracts staff in monitoring performance of subcontractors performing on the contract.
- Provide leadership to the program team, balancing the needs of the program with individual expectations. Be an advocate for career development of members of the program team.
- Create a motivational environment where team members understand the mission, are fully engaged and empowered to execute, and are recognized for their performance.
- Resolve conflicts, demands and priorities on assigned programs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Program management and leadership experience in the development of space flight hardware, software, or ground systems is required.
- Direct experience with National Security Space program management is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong background in aerospace programs with emphasis on customer interaction, team building, and program control.
- A self-starter with the ability to understand the big picture as well as technical, budget, and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects.
- Thorough understanding of program management practices including: planning and budgeting, schedule development, change control, risk and opportunity management, earned value, and communications.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Work may be performed in a laboratory or customer location (non-Ball locations).
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Up to 10-20% business travel may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Program Manager I (664949)
Job ID: 664949
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time