Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Network Security Administrator II (664648) - Security Clearance Required in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Network Administrator II
This position is a hands-on role that requires a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts of networking. Technical expertise including networking, operating systems and security. Responsibilities include security tasks, including the day-to-day security administration of operating systems (OSs) and network security devices, as well as the management of technologies, such as firewalls and load balancers.
What You’ll Do
- Perform system security administration, installation and configuration management on designated technology platforms, including OS’s, host/network security devices, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization, as well as with industry best practices and vendor guidelines.
- Perform user and access administration on designated systems and applications, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization.
- Implement and monitor the enterprise program ensuring the security, integrity, privacy, and availability of information and systems.
- Communicate with resource owners and end users to increase their awareness of applicable policies and standards in a professional manner
- Some weekend and after-hours support work may be required.
- Be part of an On-Call rotation when needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current TS/SCI clearance with a current Polygraph.
- A current Security + or other DoD 8570 compliant certification
- Experience connecting, configuring, and upgrading network equipment, Juniper and Cisco specifically.
- Experience connecting, configuring, and upgrading network security devices. Juniper Firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, and F5 Big IP are preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Network Security Administrator II (664648) - Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 664648
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time