Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Multimedia Intern (665517) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace 2019 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Ball Aerospace’s Strategic Operations organization brings together Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. This organization works collaboratively across Ball Aerospace and our stakeholder community to increase our profile in the market and strategically position the company with our markets, customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of the company. This position will be located in Boulder, CO and be responsible for assisting with communication activities. We need a versatile and enthusiastic individual who has a strong interest in video, photography and graphic design.
What You'll Do
- Operate cameras and video equipment to photograph model and still shots in the studio and on location for multiple uses (aerospace products and people).
- Experience producing/editing quality video.
- Analyze photographic assignments to select proper cameras, lenses, filters, lighting and other equipment as required.
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and imagination.
- Portfolio which demonstrates video, photography and graphic design experience is required.
- Able to develop story boards with team and customers.
- Provide additional internal and external communications support, as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2019. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Undergraduate or graduate work in Graphic Design, Media Arts, Visual Communication, Animation or a related discipline.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Desired working knowledge of the following areas:
- Marketing and communications
- Social media platforms
- Video production and editing
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Creativity and organizational skills.
- Must be action oriented/drive for results.
- Strong ethics and integrity.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Multimedia Intern (665517)
Job ID: 665517
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time