Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Model Shop Intern (665516) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace 2019 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a ten week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in a rocket launch (BIRST) program. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Marketing & Communications Model Shop Intern
Ball Aerospace’s Strategic Operations organization brings together Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. This organization works collaboratively across Ball Aerospace and our stakeholder community to increase our profile in the market and strategically position the company with our markets, customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of the company. This position will be located in Boulder, CO. We need a versatile and enthusiastic individual to join our Model Shop team to produce high quality product models, mockups and prototypes of spacecraft, instruments, components and other aerospace products, using a variety of materials.
What You’ll Do:
- Produce accurate, high quality prototypes, models and mockups for internal and external requirements, using a variety of shop tools.
- Work collaboratively with other model makers as well as designers, engineers and outside resources to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrate 3-D modelling software or illustrator or other software tools that apply to model making.
- Knowledgeable of multiple power tools, including lathe, drills, sanders, bandsaw, etc.
- Aid in troubleshooting and modification of elements to support designs.
- Participate in maintenance of the shop area and equipment to keep the area clean, orderly and safe.
- Provide additional support, as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2019. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Undergraduate or graduate work in graphic design, sculpting, or structural engineering background.
- Desired working knowledge of the following areas:
- Prototype or model making experience
- Proven skills in the creation of high quality models and designs
- 3D printing
- Knowledge of working with acrylics and polycarbonate
- Painting, finishing, molding, prototype production
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Creativity and Organizing.
- Action Oriented/Drive for Results.
- Strong ethics and integrity.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Model Shop Intern (665516)
Job ID: 665516
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time