Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Industrial Security Associate II (665391) - Security clearance required in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Industrial Security Associate II
What You’ll Do
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems to include labeling and tracking of non-digital and digital media; archive files as necessary.
- Recommend/develop new administrative support processes.
- Execute security in-and-out processing requirements.
- Issue security-related equipment, records, receipts, and supplies.
- Schedule polygraph testing.
- Answer security-related telephone calls, direct calls to the appropriate branch or office, and take messages.
- Provide security support for passing, verifying, and receiving clearances; confirming Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security eligibility; processing visitor requests; processing requests for access to Special Access Programs (SAPs); and processing Visit Certifications and Perm Certifications.
- Update security data, run inquiries, provide quality control, develop reports using various IC and/or DoD databases.
- Maintain and update appropriate security-related databases, such as, SIMS.
- Process certifications for access via fax, email, customer-unique electronic message format and SAP and IC databases for visitors' access for daily visit or multiple visits up to one year.
- Assist with onboarding and out-processing of personnel to include updating accesses for personnel.
- Provide guidance and assist with security-specific needs for office renovations and move management activities, such as, but not limited to, review of furniture for classified information, review of facilities for SCI/SAP Facility requirements, working with facilities and communication personnel to assist in defining requirements, scheduling moves, etc.
- Assist with work pertaining to the procurement, inventory control, and destruction of cryptographic material utilized by the agency.
- Conduct security in-briefings and de-briefings related to security compartmented programs and SAP programs.
- Interface in person and telephonically with outside federal agencies and prime contractors, requesting reports, referring and scheduling polygraph examinations, and answering general questions about program security processes.
- Document control, tracking, shipping and receipt of sensitive items.
- Work with Industrial Security Professionals (ISP) to process requests for access, gather or provide information about prospective program personnel.
- Provide administrative support for case tracking and provide monthly reports to management.
- Execute Special Access Programs (SAP) and Sensitive Compartmented Information programs, in compliance with governing documents, to ensure customers are postured to support interfaces with the IC and SAP communities.
- Provide classification review of SCI/SAP documents prior to release.
- Operate company-owned vehicles, as required.
- Maintain valid driver's license and good motor vehicle record.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active Top Secret/SSBI clearance required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Industrial Security Associate II (665391) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 665391
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time