Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ground Systems Software Architect - Staff Consultant (665819) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Ground Systems Software Architect - Staff Consultant
What You’ll Do:
- Establish ground system software architectures for satellite command and control, planning and scheduling, and mission data processing elements utilizing appropriate technologies, tools, approaches, and software architectural patterns.
- Develop the foundational technological strategy for efficient and effective ground systems software development, as it applies to a ground program and/or a product.
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong relationships with Engineering peers, internal stakeholders, and external customers.
- Ensure the ground software architecture is consistent with the concept of operations and meets overall mission needs in terms of required functionality, performance, and reliability.
- Develop an understanding user needs and address them architecturally, facilitating the development of effective and intuitive user interfaces.
- Guide ground software development efforts, sharing expert-level software development insights with the development team.
- Develop prototypes and proof-of-concept examples to assess technical direction and inform trade studies.
- Collaborate with program and/or organizational stakeholders to develop execution strategies, leading to successful product delivery.
- Advocate architectural concepts that support the test, maintenance, and security concerns of the system.
- Communicate ground architectural concepts to program and or organizational stakeholders, illustrating the technical merits and risks of the recommended approach.
- Perform face-to-face interaction with customers and contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field, plus 16 or more years of related experience in systems development. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to attain a security clearance. Current Active TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ground systems for spacecraft operations (e.g. mission management, data processing, ground terminal, command & control) or systems of similar purpose and/or complexity.
- Strong software design skills.
- Knowledge of modern software technologies, standards, architectural approaches, processes (Agile, SAFe, etc.), and languages.
- Proven track record in management of design & development tasks as an integrated product team lead or Chief Engineer leading cross functional teams.
- Experience developing systems in compliance with the national Information Assurance Risk Management Framework and related security policies.
- Experience in supporting program Schedule and Risk management.
- Experience with Software Development Plans and Software Standards.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical efforts currently underway.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in systems engineering, hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management.
- Experience in developing trades, design and analysis, documentation, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills, and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Ground Systems Software Architect - Staff Consultant (665819)
Job ID: 665819
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time