Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineering Aide III (664596) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineering Aide III
Under the supervision of a designated engineer, work within the design engineering team to execute on customer commitments. The role may include interfacing with engineering tools such as SolidWorks, spreadsheets, databases, PDM systems and analysis applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform a variety of technical assignments requiring a knowledge of engineering, science, or other technical applications.
- Assist and support engineering, production, etc., in the development, testing, and assembly of a wide variety of company products and systems.
- Perform specialized functions of a technical nature requiring the applications of both technical theory and practical knowledge.
- May need an understanding of principles of object-oriented programming in a network environment, with rudimentary programming skills such as Java, C++, C sharp, and HTML.
- Gather, maintain, format, compile, manipulate technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Produce technical documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics).
- Perform detailed mathematical calculations using established formulas; preliminary analyses of data where guidelines are provided; and quantitative judgments concerning technical data.
- Use personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
- May conduct tests and record data to assist with technical evaluation or analysis.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in learning, understanding and mastering enterprise applications.
- Experience in working with details, completing tasks at or under budget, and staying self-motivated and energetic in completing assignments.
- Experience in tracking and completing multiple tasks from multiple stakeholders.
- Willingness to volunteer assistance when it has not been explicitly requested.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Opportunities for career and skillset growth are available as applicable.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineering Aide III (664596)
Job ID: 664596
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Part-Time