Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II, Commercial Analytics Data Strategist – (664918) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Engineer II, Commercial Analytics Data Strategist – (664918)
Work with a small team in a high priority data analytics and intelligence role supporting a virtual startup. Engage directly with external stakeholders and develop strategic analytical solutions for complex real-world problems. Develop novel sources and methods and fuse disparate types of information into a cohesive whole. Support technology development, customer relationship management, and research and analysis of open source and technical data. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated strong intellectual curiosity, interpersonal skills, and an ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.
*What You'll Do: *
- Technical development
- Provide technical insights to a wide range of areas including
- Open source data sourcing, management, and analysis
- Technical data sourcing, management, and analysis
- Cloud-based information management systems
- Support strategic decisions related to technology development
- Innovate to develop new sources, methods, and tools that support immediate customer requirements and enhance capabilities over the long term
- Address complex questions in a clear and compelling manner
- Support customer relationship management
- Translate of business requirements into technical requirements
- Provide insights that support business development for new customer opportunities
- Research and analysis
- Identify novel sources of information in an open source context
- Fuse a wide variety of data types including social media, GEOINT, academic research in a cohesive manner to answer difficult questions
- Aggregate disparate pieces of information into a cohesive whole
- Create intelligence reports that address customer questions in a clear and compelling manner
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You’ll Need: *
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience. MS is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to identify new sources of information in an open source environment.
- Experience working with social media and other open source text-based information sources.
- Experience evaluating, interpreting and integrating all-source intelligence and open source information into top-level assessments.
- Proficiency in high-stakes written and oral communication and relationship management.
- Strong intellectual curiosity.
- Foreign language skills preferred.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer II, Commercial Analytics Data Strategist – (664918)
Job ID: 664918
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time