Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Configuration Management Specialist III (665208) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Configuration Management Specialist III
What You’ll Do:
- Provide configuration and data management (C&DM;) support for multiple programs.
- Develop plans to implement C&DM; requirements on programs.
- Arrange configuration control board meetings, coordinate engineering drawing review and sign-off.
- Establish and maintain required configuration records.
- Utilize and maintain engineering and configuration and data management procedures.
- Operate, input and manage configuration and documentation status using electronic systems.
- Prepare and ship data items in accordance with contract requirements.
- Prepare letters of transmittal.
- Gather and provide necessary data and engineering items to support technical meetings.
- Support Systems Engineering with management of requirements and critical program data.
- Support program management and engineering staff in utilization of database tools and processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus 6 or more years of experience is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Effective communication, facilitation and teamwork skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to review and assess data integrity against standards, and train others to understand and adhere to those standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, and comfortable learning new databases.
- Experience utilizing databases to manage technical and engineering data.
- Requirements management experience desired.
- Desire to participate in CDM Certification Program.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Configuration Management Specialist III (665208)
Job ID: 665208
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time