Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Associate Linux Systems Administrator (665764) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Associate Linux Systems Administrator
We are seeking a Systems Administrator with experience in deploying, configuring and maintain Red Hat Enterprise Linux in a large factory environment. In this role, the systems administrator will work on a team supporting program initiatives in secure, isolated computing environments. The administrator will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure and services achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
What you'll do:
- Interface with internal customers, program security, and management teams in planning for, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting services and systems.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple Linux-based servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What you'll need: *
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI and CI polygraph, preferred candidate will already have both.
- Certifications meeting DoD 8570 compliance
- Expertise in:
- Deploying, configuring, and maintaining RHEL and CentOS Linux systems
- Installing and updating Software packages from Repositories or local file system
- Managing local users and groups and with active directory integration
- Configuring and managing services
- Managing and configuring SELinux and Firewalld
- Securing physical and virtual machines to DISA STIG requirements
- Linux Troubleshooting
- Strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Preferred: RHCSA Certified
- Preferred: Experience in Scripting Languages (Python, Ruby, Bash), Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat IdM, Red Hat Ansible Automation, Database Applications, Docker, VMware Virtualization Products, Real Time Kernels, MacAfee Antivirus, and VEEAM.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Associate Linux Systems Administrator (665764)
Job ID: 665764
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time