Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Associate General Attorney in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for performing general legal advice and assistance for all matters within Ball Corporation, as directed by the general counsel.
- Responds to requests for legal assistance or analysis from employees throughout the company in a timely fashion.
- Prepares and reviews legal correspondence, forms and agreements.
- Hires, supervises and assists outside attorneys in litigation and other matters. An effective project manager and lawyer.
- Assists internal clients or customers in their efforts to generate Economic Value Added for Ball Corporation.
- Provides professional, confidential work product in a timely fashion.
- Takes personal responsibility for quality and timeliness and endeavors to continuously improve services and relationships within Ball.
- Maintains highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and ethical behavior and individual responsibility to clients or customers.
- Assists Ball in maintaining compliance with the law.
- Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education or work related experience. B.S. or B.A. degree and L.L.B. or J.D. degree from an accredited university.
- Admission to Colorado State Bar (by examination or motion or pursuant to C.R.C.P. Rule 203.2).
- Job related experience in the field of general corporate/commercial law for 2 to 3 years or equivalent work related experience.
- Must have worked in a law firm or in a law department representing a publicly traded company.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Must have prepared complex legal documents and persuasive legal documents.
- Some commercial law experience an asset.
- Some real estate experience an asset.
- Some environmental experience an asset.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to apply knowledge of law in broad areas of assignments.
- 15-20% of travel
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Associate General Attorney
Job ID: 664971
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time