Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Assistant, Legal in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for performing administrative and paralegal tasks as required and directed by Ball Corporation attorneys.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Researches law, investigates facts, and prepares documents to assist Ball Corporation attorneys.
- Researches and analyzes law sources, such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes in order to prepare legal documents.
- Prepares transmittal correspondence and drafts other non-complex correspondence. Prepares affidavits of documents and maintains document files.
- Assists in maintenance of communication, reproduction, computers, and furnishings of the law department.
- Maintains files of attorneys.
- Answers telephones and places calls as necessary and receives visitors, assuring that all receive efficient and courteous service.
- Compiles, edits, composes, prepares, and distributes correspondence, forms, and agreements as required.
- Operates standard office equipment and computer system to perform tasks.
- Prepares insider reports and electronically files same with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Assists with ordering office supplies.
- Responds to queries or requests from customers and internal/external departments.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Arranges travel and makes reservations as necessary; prepares required expense reports at the conclusion of all travel.
- Performs paralegal duties as requested.
- Handles annual compliance certification process.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the divisions, the groups, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include occasionally working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management.
- Communication. Ability to communicate effectively and proactively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements and working conditions set forth in this position description.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school level education or equivalent and substantial law-related experience in a law firm or similar work environment.
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Computers, government contracts, export/international experience an asset.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard paralegal techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to apply knowledge of policies, procedures, and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to effectively instruct and train other employees and temporary help.
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate, and pay attention to details.
- Ability to analyze data and information and make recommendations.
- Ability to be original and use judgment.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Integrity and Trust. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Customer Focus. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Functional and Technical Skills. Has the functional and/or technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Problem Solving. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answer.
- Drive for Results. Can be counted on to exceed expectations successfully; is constantly and consistently a good performer; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Priority Setting. Spends his/her time and the time of others on what is important; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Composure. Does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; does not show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Informing. Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Works in an office environment.
- Provides phone coverage during lunch hours with other employees in the department.
- Requires occasional travel between multi-campus facilities.
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Assistant, Legal
Job ID: 664976
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time