Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Aerospace Security Director of Enterprise Operations (665066)-Security clearance required in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Aerospace Security Director of Enterprise Operations
What You’ll Do
- Conceive and develop solutions to enterprise Security Operations through the application of professional and industry-wide accepted physical/technical, personnel and facility security techniques, practices and procedures. Ensure that security work conforms to high technical and company standards and meets or exceeds all contract and US Government requirements.
- Provide senior direction, policy guidance, processes ownership and leadership for security operations enabling and in support of all SCI, SAP and DoD security programs within Ball Aerospace. Security operations include all physical, technical, COMSEC and personnel security across the Ball Aerospace enterprise.
- Compile and prepare necessary data and items to support department meetings, Senior Director of Aerospace Security decisions, and Ball Executive Leadership reviews.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend innovative solutions/applications required for meeting contract security specifications.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Provide the active liaison for security operations with internal and external customers. Manage, foster and advance relationships with national level policy makers and organizations in physical, technical, COMSEC and personnel security. Engage with Ball Aerospace Strategic Business Units’ (SBU) and Strategic Support Units’ (SSU) operations directors to identify upcoming security needs and resolve issues. Enable the SCI, SAP and DoD Program Security functions within Aerospace Security.
- Provide, manage and lead the Counterintelligence (CI) and Insider Threat Program (ITP) functions across the entire Ball Aerospace enterprise for all unclassified and classified work. Engage and collaborate with Human Resources (HR), General Counsel and Executive Leadership as required.
- Provide, manage and lead the Security Awareness and Training Education (SATE) across the entire Ball Aerospace enterprise for all uncleared, cleared and accessed workforce. Engage and collaborate with HR, Talent & Organization Development, and Marketing-Communications as required. Maintain status and hold employees accountable for Security professional certifications within Aerospace Security.
- Provide, manage and lead the Facility Security Officer (FSO) function pursuant to the Facility Security Clearance (FCL) as defined in the NISP. Designate FSO’s for all Ball enterprise CAGE codes as required.
- Provide ownership of all Aerospace Security policies and processes with the Ball Process Library. Review and revise policies and processes as necessary in consultation with Program Security and across the enterprise.
- Provide, manage and lead the Physical and Technical Security (Phys/Tech) function within the Ball enterprise, including the physical plant protection, guard force, access control systems, and intrusion detection systems for all Ball Aerospace classified and unclassified facilities. Staff, equip and maintain the Security Operations Center. Successfully manage security facility accreditation projects from planning and budgeting to successful accreditation and periodic inspections. Review drawings, floor plans, and procedures for security completeness, compatibility, producibility and correctness. Engage and collaborate with HR, Environment, Health and Safety (EHS), Facilities and ITS as required.
- Provide, manage and lead the Personnel Security (PERSEC) function within the Ball enterprise, including the Request for Access (RFA) process, the classified Visitor Request (VR) process, and maintenance of the Security Information Management Systems (SIMS) database, enabling Program Security for all Ball DoD, SCI and SAP programs.
- Provide ownership of the Aerospace Security annual indirect budgets and capital expenditures. Maintain and update required records and reports. Accountable for tracking performance against costs, budgets and schedules. Plan, schedule and subcontract required maintenance of enterprise security infrastructure. Engage with Finance and Accounting as required.
- Provide, manage and lead the COMSEC function across the entire Ball Aerospace enterprise, including classified and unclassified program secure communication requirements and hardware. Accountable for all COMSEC hardware inventory and key management. Engage with Director Program Security to enable success on programs that require COMSEC.
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and project management aspects of security operations to internal and external teams. Coordinate support for USG inspections and audits that encompass security enterprise operations.
- Present and resolve any security operations difficulties or discrepancies with the team, customers and subcontractors in a timely manner. Promote a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBUs and SSUs, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Build a high performing team while providing coaching and development opportunities for team members and being an advocate for Ball’s inspire, connect, and achieve leadership model
- Must be able to work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in related field plus15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Work is performed in classified and unclassified offices, laboratories, production floors, clean rooms, or research environments.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Aerospace Security Director of Enterprise Operations (665066)-Security clearance required
Job ID: 665066
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time