Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Advanced Systems Manager II-Military Space Systems (665223) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Advanced Systems Manager II – Military Space Systems
We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Systems Manager to perform business development, business capture, and program management for the Defense and Intelligence Community. This position reports to the Military Space Systems business area of National Defense (ND), which supports the department of defense, and a focus on customer groups that provide missions that provide resiliency to the overall space architecture.
What You'll Do:
- Support the pursuit of new business opportunities with a variety of defense and intelligence customers.
- Carry out plans and strategies to capture opportunities.
- Manage business development and engineering personnel to carry out capture plans and strategies, and to produce solutions that meet customers’ mission needs.
- Lead the preparation of responses to customer opportunities, including white papers, proposals, rough order of magnitude estimates and responses to customer requests for information.
- Manage development efforts, studies, and small programs to achieve technical, cost, and schedule objectives.
- Coordinate inputs from support organizations including engineering, contracts, finance, security, and others as needed.
- Maintain productive relationships and coordinate contacts with key government and industry customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Strong technical competence in any or all of the following: mission architecture, optics, focal plane arrays and focal plane subsystems, electro-optical remote sensing payload systems operating from visible to long wave infra-red, spacecraft bus systems and technologies.
- Experience on classified design teams and new business capture activities in aerospace or related industry for defense and intelligence customers.
- Experience working on classified proposals.
- Experience leading design teams and/or new business capture activities.
- Excellent presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong written communication and proposal writing skills.
- Strong programmatic background within classified program environments for government or industry is a strong plus.
* Working Conditions: *
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- This position requires up to 30% travel.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Advanced Systems Manager II-Military Space Systems (665223)
Job ID: 665223
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time