Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Administrator II-National Defense (663402) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Administrator II – ND Operations
Perform a wide variety of professional administrative and analytical assignments in support of departmental operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Conceive and develop solutions to administrative problems through the applications of professionally accepted administrative techniques, practices and procedures.
- Perform a combination of administrative tasks in functional areas, such as, purchasing, finance, program operations and execution support.
- Gather, interpret, and present data for departmental or program needs, particularly in areas of program office space, hardware execution space, and needs from SSUs such as ITS and Security functions.
- May prepare cost and schedule reports.
- Prepare appropriate requests and disseminate information regarding changes in forecasts or scheduling or priority of operations projects.
- Develop plans, cost estimates, and forecasts to support operations projects, administer action items and follow up from operations meetings.
- Serve as primary point of contact for action item tracking for operations or program managers.
- Recommend, interpret, and implement company and internal administrative policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and/or supervise work with other activities, resolve conflicts, interpret policy, determine, recommend, and/or implement creative solutions.
- May interview candidates and recommend hiring.
- Maintain required records and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, or production environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Administrator II-National Defense (663402)
Job ID: 663402
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time