Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Videography, Photography, and Multimedia Specialist II (664970) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Videography, Photography and Multimedia Designer
Ball Aerospace is seeking a Videography, Photography and Multimedia specialist to join their Marking & Communications department. You will shoot and edit videos and photos of aerospace products (spacecraft, instruments, other complex technologies), and create and plan multimedia content for marketing campaigns and visual storytelling. We are looking for experience, technical expertise and artistic styles. This position is part of the Strategic Operations (StratOps) organization, which consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications, and Strategic Development. The purpose of StratOps is to strategically position the company within our markets, work with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of the company and facilitate collaboration across the company to increase business opportunities. This position is based Boulder, CO.
What you’ll do:
- Shoot and edit videos and photos of aerospace products (spacecraft, instruments, other complex technologies).
- Produce/edit quality video, photography, and multimedia content for a range of audiences and in clear, compelling, concise storytelling style.
- Plan, create and produce multimedia content and visual design elements – graphic design, digital design, video and photography.
- Work with team members to design fresh visual assets that utilize a variety of styles and approaches while staying in-brand.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes for use in design review.
- Work in studio and on location.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts, Visual Communication, Animation or a related discipline plus 2 or more years related experience in planning, shooting, editing and producing original video, photo and multimedia products in workplace.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Professional design portfolio required for interview process.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Possess a strong understanding of visual branding, visual communication, visual storytelling and visual presentations.
- Ability to analyze assignments to select appropriate cameras, lenses, filters, lighting and other equipment as required.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines is critical to the success of this role.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with team members.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills, new products or technical knowledge; stay current on new trends, ideas, technologies.
- Highly organized with methodical approach to production processes, file organization and maintenance.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Advanced understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Premiere, Lightroom, After Effects, Illustrator. InDesign; proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Some local travel is required between campuses and potential travel in U.S.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Occasional flexibility for evening or weekend work to meet deadlines, as needed.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Videography, Photography, and Multimedia Specialist II (664970)
Job ID: 664970
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time