Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Specialist II-Vibration (665135) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technical Specialist II-Vibration
Conduct Vibration tests for state of the art aerospace products. Responsible for performing tests, capturing and analyzing data and reviewing program provided test procedures to ensure customer requirements are met. These requirements will be compared to lab capabilities to identify gaps and collaborate to close them prior to arrival of the unit under test.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible Test Engineer for conducting Vibration tests within the Test Operations Department.
- Work with internal and external customers and will be the responsible Test Engineer for testing state of the art aerospace products, understanding test requirements, facility capabilities, equipment capabilities and fundamentals of Vibration test operations.
- Work with a team of Test Engineers, Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Hardware Quality Engineers, Inspectors, and Technicians.
- Develop test engineering documentation (e.g. plans, procedures and reports) and present test results to internal and external customers
- Engineer and lead process improvement initiatives and capital programs to build and maintain a world class test facility.
- Maintain electronic build records, required logs, records and reports in accordance with BATC policies / Procedures and government regulations
- Make continuous improvement suggestions, participate and lead projects
- Assimilate diverse data and recommend actions to drive technical solutions to complex problems
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications and procedures for completeness and compliance to test requirements
- Proactively work with internal customers to understand test requirements
- Define new equipment needs; forward vision and plan development
- Ensure the testability of hardware designs and procedures
- Follow standard procedures, applies knowledge and skills to current, routine tasks.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 14 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 12 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems and vibration control systems
- Workable knowledge of MS Office
- Desire knowledge of IDEAS, MATLAB, Agile and IFS
- Anomaly resolution experience and ability to troubleshoot such anomalies.
- Ability to review engineering orders for completeness, compatibility, producability, and correctness.
- Effective communications and regular interaction with higher level management and customers
- Must be able to work cross organizationally with process shareholders
- Power amplifier and shaker maintenance experience highly desired
- Willingness to obtain a SCI security clearance is required.
- Knowledge of data acquisition and storage schemes
- Knowledge of metrology and utilization of calibrated equipment
- Experience working with program critical hardware
- Will be required to obtain company certifications
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Specialist II-Vibration (665135)
Job ID: 665135
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time