Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Specialist II-Mechanical (665311) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
*Technical Specialist II – Mechanical *
*What You’ll Do: *
- Produce significant design and development models and associated drawings.
- Effort includes designing to meet cost and schedule projections.
- Attend department, internal working group, CAD user group, and program meetings.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You’ll Need: *
- High School diploma or equivalent and 14 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree with 12 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Complete understanding of design process and ability to work independently.
- Ability to define and coordinate what is needed from other disciplines.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks CAD software packages.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to isolate, identify, and solve problems.
- Ability to interact effectively with other disciplines.
- Ability to produce concise, error free work.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Technical Specialist II-Mechanical (665311)
Job ID: 665311
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time