Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Specialist Associate-Opto/Mechanical (665256) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
T*echnical Specialist Associate – Opto/Mechanical *
This is an exciting career opportunity in the microelectronics packaging group of Ball’s Detector Engineering Area. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists responsible for the assembly of custom focal planes and prototype hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Perform mechanical assembly operations including bonding, staking, torqueing and critical moves for ESD sensitive prototype detector hardware and flight focal plane assemblies. Work to detailed drawings in a Class 5 (Class 100) clean room environment interfacing with personnel from different disciplines.
- Review and correctly interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Design and fabricate basic holding fixtures.
- Plan and successfully machine parts to precision tolerances of (less than 0.001”).
- Perform basic inspection and metrology using manual CMM microscope.
- Travel to, and support, complex field operations for flight hardware
- Generate workflow and manufacturability aspects for program scheduling purposes.
- Maintain electronic build documents, required logs, records and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- May also perform functions in various work centers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units/Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with machine shop equipment including 2 axis CNC milling machines and tool room lathes.
- Ability to function in a team environment interfacing effectively with both customers and team mates from different disciplines.
- Experience with the following is helpful:
- Previous work experience in a Class 5 (Class 100) cleanroom
- Precision assembly
- Critical cleaning and contamination control
- Hermetic seam-sealing
- Adhesive technology
- Vacuum processing
*Working Conditions: *
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Technical Specialist Associate-Opto/Mechanical (665256)
Job ID: 665256
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time