Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Engineering Intern - Commercial Aerospace Business (665292) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Ball Aerospace 2019 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern – Commercial Aerospace
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Commercial and Strategic Technologies Business Unit with Business, Technology, and Manufacturing Solutions.
- Provide volume product definition and innovative business models that are manufacturable by blending experience and/or education in the above areas.
- Work with other Strategic Business Units to determine an overall Ball Aerospace solution to payloads and busses.
- Collect and collate findings, to determine the best overall approach; presenting to Commercial and other Business Unit management.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2019. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Pursuing Industrial Engineering, Business Administration/International Business, or a related degree field.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ideal candidate has both Engineering and Business education experience, and a willingness to apply them both to drive strong product development and business decisions.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, or production environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Technical Engineering Intern - Commercial Aerospace Business (665292)
Job ID: 665292
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time