Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Systems Assurance Reliability Engineer II (665513) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Systems Assurance Reliability Engineer II
Perform the engineering required to establish the basis for independent technical evaluations of hardware architecture-, segment-, and system-level designs, including electrical derating, worst-case circuit analyses, failure modes analyses, reliability predictions, limited life analyses, fault tree analyses and probabilistic risk assessments. These analyses ensure that the design has sufficient performance margins, failure-recovery capabilities, resiliency, and high pedigree upon test-completion, such that mission success is achieved.
What You’ll Do:
- Interpret government and program reliability requirements, support the development of Mission Assurance Plans (MAPs), and implement the program strategy, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all company and government requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic system view while addressing stakeholder mission risks and concerns regarding reliability through the application of Systems Engineering skills.
- Ensure the effectiveness and suitability of the reliability of the system as an enabler to mission success.
- Ensure that relevant threat to and vulnerability of reliability is considered in support of program decisions.
- Provide input to requirements, engineering, and risk trade space analyses to achieve a cost-effective reliable architectural design that enables mission success.
- Provide the evidence necessary to support reliability assurance claims and to substantiate the determination that the system is sufficiently reliable.
- Support the generation of time-phased/staffing estimates for Systems Assurance, reliability work products, and required Design Assurance inputs in support of system-level reliability deliverables.
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to customers and senior management relative to reliability engineering.
- Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members. When delegating, establish clear expectations by providing well-defined tasks with clear entrance/exit criteria, due dates, and associated budgets.
- Support the generation of cost estimates for proposals.
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team activities to meet delivery milestones.
- Manage company-wide technical and programmatic priorities in relation to customer technical and programmatic priorities.
- Work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Systems Assurance Reliability Engineer II (665513)
Job ID: 665513
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time