Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Subcontract Lead (666073) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
What You’ll Do:
- Negotiate and manage a variety of cost plus and fixed price subcontracts.
- Lead cross-functional individual subcontract management teams.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Background in Structure or Mechanical procurement a plus.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a Government Security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ability to prepare Request for Proposals, lead program level subcontract management team(s) and cross-functional subcontract management activities, including working with technical personnel in developing sound subcontract requirement documentation (Specs/SOW, etc.).
- Ability to conduct subcontract negotiations, analyze and evaluate supplier proposals, lead sourcing assessment/evaluations and lead all aspects of subcontract administration, oversight and management to ensure cost/technical/schedule performance.
- Ability to work in an environment that is fast at times and slow at other times.
- A thorough knowledge of FAR/DFAR and other government acquisition regulations including Export/Import and ITAR regulations is desired.
- Experience in administering all contract types: CPFF/AF/IF, FFP/IF and FPLOE.
- Ability to work independently and meet hard deadlines, demonstrate effective teamwork skills, and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with DOD, DOE, space and defense industry is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Subcontract Lead (666073)
Job ID: 666073
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time