Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Subcontract Lead (664952) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Provide purchase order or subcontract oversight functions in accordance with company policies and procedures, legal requirements, government regulations, and customer contract requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and maintain required purchase order or subcontract documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations. Develop RFQ/RFP/Bid packages, evaluate supplier quotes or subcontract proposals.
- Award and manage purchase order or subcontracts, ensuring that program or indirect purchase orders or subcontract activities adhere to Ball Supply Chain Management processes, certified procurement system, small business program, and approved property system.
- Review and interpret purchase orders, subcontracts, modifications and change orders; prepare purchase order or subcontract file documents and obtain necessary management and compliance reviews/approvals.
- Facilitate communication between Ball and the supply base for specific procurement or subcontract actions.
- Ensure supplier or subcontractor performance to Ball requirements.
- Ensure all contractual direction between Ball and the subcontractor is consistent with top-level program requirements, be cognizant of the prime contract in detail as it relates to the Subcontract requirements and applicable documents, including, but not limited to statements of work, specifications, interface control documents, and mission assurance requirements.
- Manage and direct subcontract negotiations; recommend and implement negotiation strategies and techniques.
- Lead development and oversight of individual program subcontract risk assessment and mitigation plan. Ensure compliance with this plan throughout the life of the subcontract.
- May be assigned as lead on a program or center of excellence, responsible for coordination, oversight, tracking of all procurement activity (subcontracts, critical procurements, commodity procurements) for the program or center.
- Lead cross-functional individual subcontract management team(s) or indirect requirements team(s).
- POC between individual subcontract management team, program, and individual subcontract supplier communication activity.
- May lead or drive subcontract(s) supplier assessments.
- Coordinate the work of and assist in the training of commodity specialists, or subcontract leads.
- Ensure that all subcontract-related business within purview is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations, as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 6 or more years of experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proficiency in oversight and management of cost type subcontracts, various fee structures, and supplier cost reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in Federal Acquisition methods for total acquisition life cycle.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Subcontract Lead (664952)
Job ID: 664952
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time