Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Structural Engineer II (665595) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Structural Engineer II
What you'll do:
- Perform structural analysis on advanced satellite and tactical hardware which may include spacecraft, instruments, antennas, electronics, precision mechanisms, optical systems, and ground support equipment.
- Perform structural analysis tasks which may include detail stress analysis using closed form and finite element analysis techniques, structural dynamics, loads analysis, preparation of detailed engineering analysis reports, development of structural test requirements, and supporting structural and vibration testing.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS degree or higher in Mechanical, Civil, or Aerospace Engineering, or a related field, plus 5 or more years of related experience in statics, dynamics, strength of materials, and linear algebra is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience performing structural analysis of aerospace-related hardware including stress analysis and structural dynamics is required.
- Previous experience in the following areas is preferred: structural analysis to support electronics and tactical antennas, bond analysis, composites and other non-traditional materials, structural dynamics.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is essential.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools is required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are essential.
- Proficiency in the use of NASTRAN finite element analysis including static, modal, frequency response is required.
- Proficiency in the use of IDEAS, NX, NASTRAN or similar finite element pre/post processing software is preferred.
- A current TS/SCI is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of SolidWorks is preferred.
- Programming experience with MATLAB or at least one other scientific programming language is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Structural Engineer II (665595)
Job ID: 665595
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time