Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Spacecraft Systems Senior Engineer (662923) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Spacecraft Systems Senior Engineer
Talented spacecraft system engineer who has the experience necessary to help leverage existing processes while bring new ideas and vision to our culture. Work with a talented team of engineers through the system life cycle of a program (conceptual, design/analyze, test/verification, and deployment/production) to ensure the highest levels of quality, performance and communication. Help Ball develop spacecraft solutions for the Nation – as a Spacecraft Systems engineer you will get to participate in trade studies (help influence the design), derive and manage requirements (what will it do and how will we know it will work), validate performance as teams turn concepts into hardware and software.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership in system engineering specific skills and technical activities (trade studies).
- Understand and implement a design that is within scope, cost and schedule requirements of the mission.
- Tasks within the team may include the following:
- Generate requirements, specifications, flow-down and perform/understand verification.
- Develop system concepts and interface definitions.
- Analyzes for system configurations and error budgets.
- Understand and support system architecture trades.
- Interact/communicate with other disciplines to obtain relevant information/knowledge needed at the system level (Comprehends subsystems that make up a system)
- Generate engineering documents including specifications, interface control documents, and test plans.
- Support risk assessment and analysis.
- Work tasks to completion and provide problem solving solutions.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years related experience in spacecraft systems, spacecraft subsystems, spacecraft test or spacecraft mission operations.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A strong technical foundation – people who learn and grow thrive.
- A desire to learn – our culture fosters intellectual curiosity in a highly collaborative environment.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required.
- Experience in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to write effective and verifiable requirements – detailed oriented.
- Solid presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Spacecraft Systems Senior Engineer (662923) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 662923
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time