Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Spacecraft Engineering Project Engineer (665704) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Project Engineer II – Spacecraft Engineering
What You’ll Do:
- Rapidly generate spacecraft design concepts in response to internal and external customer inquiries (RFIs). Engage with subsystem SMEs as needed to complete concepts.
- Produce typical RFI response artifacts, including technical writeups/descriptions; heritage assessments; functional block diagrams; performance budgets (power, mass, propellant, control/knowledge, and link); CAD renderings of concept.
- Generate ROMs for spacecraft efforts for CST, CAST, and ND business units, adapting the BCP standard product offering to each mission need/customer terrain.
- Present/support presentation of concepts to customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units/Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related field plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for 2 years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with CAD is desired.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity, rapidly changing requirements is important.
- Knowledge of spacecraft AI&T; is desired, to be able to write about it, cost it, and design for manufacturability.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Spacecraft Engineering Project Engineer (665704)
Job ID: 665704
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time