Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Software Project Engineer I (665192) - Security Clearance Required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Software Project Engineer I
What You’ll Do:
- Software project planning, tracking and oversight, including cost and schedule responsibility, of aerospace and related software systems for DoD, NASA, and commercial customers.
- Provide status, metrics, and regular updates to support program management.
- Provide task direction to and review work products of software engineers throughout the development lifecycle.
- Assist in planning and executing the strategies for productization, standardization, reuse, and growth.
- Perform software project planning and estimating in support of proposals.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active Top Secret clearance required.
- Ability to apply sound software management principles to the development of software systems through the full lifecycle from proposal to delivery.
- Relevant work experience with earned value, software cost estimating, and formal lifecycle practices.
- Relevant work experience with leading and managing a team producing hardware/software products while negotiating the technical, cost, schedule and risk areas.
- Ability to operate at the system level and interface to all engineering disciplines.
- Relevant work experience demonstrating knowledge of project management with DoD and NASA customers.
- Self-starter, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Relevant work experience that demonstrates your knowledge and use of Agile and/or waterfall software development processes.
- Working knowledge of configuration management principles.
- Working knowledge of software quality principles.
- Prior experience working in and with controlled, classified security environments is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in software development desired.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Software Project Engineer I (665192) - Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 665192
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time