Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Systems Engineer-Spacecraft Propulsion (665276) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Systems Engineer - Spacecraft Propulsion
This position is for a spacecraft propulsion system engineer who help a team through the design. analysis, production and test phases.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in the development of innovative propulsion solutions and architectures
- Support the engineering team through the development of new and/or refinement of existing propulsion systems including sizing, performance analyses, requirement allocation, design, verification, and flight operations
- Requirement flow-down, development, verification
- Propulsion system/component sizing, performance analyses and design tasks
- Support mechanical design layout tasks
- Support component procurement including development of specifications and SOWs
- Engineering liaison/support for build activities
- Support subsystem testing
- Support anomaly investigations and resolution activities
- Technical writing (procedural, analysis support and description documents)
- Launch and mission operations support
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years related experience in either systems engineering or propulsion.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must be willing to apply for a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- A strong technical foundation – people who flourish behave like owners
- Technical course work or direct experience related to at least one of the following areas:
- Fluids Mechanics/Dynamics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Spacecraft Prolusion
- Couse work related to the following is highly desired: Regulated Pressure Systems, Bi-propellant, Solid, Cold gas, Electric Propulsion
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity.
- Experience with MATLAB or other industry propulsion analytical tools is highly desirable.
- Solid presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer-Spacecraft Propulsion (665276)
Job ID: 665276
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time