Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Simulation Software Engineer (665510) - Security Clearance Required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Simulation Software Engineer
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop and implement real-time simulations of space vehicles.
- Simulations include high-fidelity vehicle and environment models written in high level languages like Matlab and Simulink, and low level embedded code written in C/C++
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration and documentation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree and/or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Expert-level experience in Matlab and Simulink, including autocode generation using Embedded Coder, Simulink Coder, and/or Matlab Coder.
- Experience using and developing model-based simulations of systems
- Experience reviewing, testing and updating complex mathematical models of hardware, systems and environments.
- Experience with real-time systems: deadlines, timing, throughput, etc.
- Experience with C and C++ and Ruby or Python.
- Understanding of and experience with real-time operating systems including Linux/VxWorks.
- Exposure to or familiarity with control theory.
- Proven leadership experience at the technical, team, or organizational levels.
- A working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and activities in each phase.
- Experience with formal software development practices including the use of software version control, coding standards and style guides.
- Active Secret clearance required; Top Secret, SCI or SAP desirable.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Simulation Software Engineer (665510) - Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 665510
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time