Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Mission Systems Engineer (665656) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Mission Systems Engineer
This engineering position is for a systems engineer who is creative, flexible, and comfortable handling many diverse and sometimes open-ended assignments.
What you’ll do:
- Provide systems engineering leadership of technical teams to define, direct implementation, and operate complex mission systems which include spacecraft, instruments, and ground systems.
- Provide engineering support in the development of mission architectures.
- Development of mission concept of operations.
- Oversee and guide the management of mission requirements – allocation, verification, and validation.
- Oversee and guide the performance analyses to ensure mission solution meets mission requirements and customer expectations.
- Provide program support for identifying and mitigating technical risks.
- Develop mission systems engineering execution plans – schedules, staffing, and cost.
- Creatively apply our heritage and expertise to solve customer problems in novel and cost-effective ways.
- Mentor other systems engineers in mission systems engineering development and delivery.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers/management/customers.
- Support technical proposal development.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience. MS in Physics/Engineering Systems or a related technical field is strongly preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current TS/SCI required.
- Experience with electro-optics and/or photonics preferred.
- Customer Relationships: Knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in relevant business environments.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analyzing mission concepts, including space and ground components.
- Demonstrated experience in most phases of hardware program execution, including early planning, design reviews, manufacture, assembly, integration, test, sell-off, and on-orbit mission operation.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, concept of operations, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation.
- Presentation skills with documented presentation experience to technical audiences.
- Proven track record in producibility of designs with cost, budget, and schedule constraints for self and others.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Mission Systems Engineer (665656) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 665656
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time