Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Engineer-System Integration & Test (665702) - Security Clearance Required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
*Senior Engineer – System Integration & Test *
*What You’ll Do: *
- Lead the design and development efforts for a spacecraft or instrument Integration and Test (I&T;) program.
- Conduct functional and environmental testing on spacecraft or instruments and related electronic, electro-mechanical, or electro-optic components and systems.
- Generate, interpret, implement, and monitor test requirements from system, detail design, and contract specifications.
- Author test plans and write, review, update, and implement test procedures for the purpose of prototype, qualification, and acceptance testing.
- Maintain required test engineering logs, records and author test summary reports.
- Provide technical oversight and support to technicians and engineers.
- Lead the design, development, build, and certification of automated electrical ground support equipment.
- Provide technical and cost guidance to new business pursuits and proposals.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You’ll Need: *
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret Security Clearance is required.rrent Top Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Experience in key electrical systems design for space avionics, point and tracking, and sensors, and circuit designs such as microprocessors, FPGAs, command and telemetry designs such as MIL-STD-1553, LVDS, VME, cPCI, low noise analog, 1394 "firewire", and custom designs are desirable.
- Hands-on experience in the testing of spacecraft or instrument related electronic and electro-mechanical components and systems.
- Experience in procedure development for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) supporting flight hardware Test.
- Experience in environmental test design.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to supervise large teams of technicians and senior-level engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Proven experience with establishing and controlling schedule and budget.
- Knowledge of MIL-STD 1540 and MIL-STD 810.
- Experience in the complete life cycle of electronics development: requirements definition, architectural design, detailed design and analysis, manufacturing, test, integration, and post-delivery support.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Engineer-System Integration & Test (665702) - Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 665702
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time