Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Engineer-Mechanical (665312) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Engineer – Mechanical
*What You'll Do: *
- Mechanical engineering design of spacecraft and/or precision aerospace electro-mechanical, and/or opto-mechanical flight hardware systems, antenna communication systems, tactical video systems, components and/or ground support equipment from concept through detail design.
- Duties include CAD modeling, design analysis, and supervision of other engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Post design sustaining engineering may be required.
- Responsible for creating effective plans, cost estimating, and managing efforts of the design team.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You'll Need: *
- BS degree or higher in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or a related technical field, is required plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in spacecraft, aerospace instrument, structure, mechanism, sensor, and/or rotating machinery design.
- Experience using CAD software.
- Demonstrated creativity in mechanical engineering design.
- Demonstrated design analysis capability.
- Demonstrated successful lead/supervisory experience of mechanical engineering design activities.
- Prior participation in written and/or oral proposal activities for NASA and DoD programs. (Minimum experience of 6 months)
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Senior Engineer-Mechanical (665312)
Job ID: 665312
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time