Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Satellite Ground System Software Senior Engineer (664847) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Satellite Ground System Software Engineer Senior
What You´ll Do:
- Support requirements, design, analysis, test and operations of space vehicles and ground systems for commercial, DoD and NASA customers
- Engineering responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and implement both application level and backend satellite system ground software.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements definition, top-level architecture, software design, code, test, integration and documentation.
- Lead a team of satellite ground system software developers, including task planning, technical leadership and mentoring.
- Face-to-face interaction with customers and contractors to respond to support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups
- Work collaboratively with a team comprised of systems engineers, I&T; and Transition team members, as appropriate
- Prepare and maintain CDRLs and tracking Action Items
- Maintain a regular and predictable schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, on programs and within the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform technical leadership roles and duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- BS or higher in Engineering or a related technical field plus 8 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly mission planning, command and control, and mission data processing functionality.
- Experience with ground system architecture, interfaces, etc.
- Experience in designing, developing, and testing software for operational systems using programming languages, environments and methods such as C++, Java, Agile, Linux, Atlassian, and cloud computing.
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and activities in each phase.
- Experience with formal software development practices including the use of software version control, coding standards and style guides.
- Good communication, presentation and team skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Satellite Ground System Software Senior Engineer (664847) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 664847
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time