Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Satellite Ground System Software Engineer I (666097) - Security Clearance Required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Satellite Ground System Software Engineer I
What You´ll Do:
- Design and develop software for satellite ground systems, supporting our commercial, DoD, and NASA customers.
- Engineering responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing, and testing application business logic, system orchestration, machine-to-machine (M2M) interfaces, front-end user interfaces, and/or back-end software for satellite ground systems.
- Enabling the success of the software project by contributing to software decomposition, architecture stack definition, software design, development, test, integration, and documentation.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to your team. Make a difference by supporting the success of our customers’ missions.
- Participate in decomposing large efforts into executable work through processes such as story/task planning. Provide execution status and adapt the execution strategy to meet new challenges.
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team comprised of software engineers, systems engineers, integration & test, and program management.
- Maintain a regular and predictable schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, on programs, and within the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform technical leadership roles and duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- BS or higher in Engineering or a related technical field plus 2 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in developing software for ground systems used for spacecraft operations (e.g. mission management, data processing, ground terminal, command & control) or systems of similar purpose and/or complexity.
- Experience in designing, developing, and testing software for operational systems using programming languages, environments, and methods such as: Ruby, C++, Java, Python, Agile, Linux, Atlassian tool suite, and cloud computing.
- Ability to perform adeptly as a full stack developer, willing to learn and take on new challenges.
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and activities in each phase. Experience with agile software methodologies is a plus.
- Experience employing software development best-practices including continuous integration, unit testing, software version control, coding standards and style guides. Able to make process recommendations that improve efficiency and quality.
- Familiarity with system modeling languages (e.g. UML, SysML, BPMN, etc.) desired
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud Technologies desired
- Experience with applications spanning multiple security enclaves desired
- Good communications and team collaboration skills. Willingness to work with project stakeholders to achieve exceptional results and value to the customer.
- Skilled in the ability to use generalization, abstraction, encapsulation, and other development principles that simplify designs and enable development of efficient and flexible software.
- A current Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Satellite Ground System Software Engineer I (666097) - Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 666097
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time