Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace QC Inspector Lead - CMM Inspection (666397) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
QC Inspector Lead - CMM Inspection
What you’ll do:
- Inspect incoming and machine shop mechanical production material or articles for conformance to purchasing order requirements, engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications: process standards and specifications utilizing various mechanical inspection equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, thread gages, CMMs, Vision Systems, optical comparators, etc.
- Program Zeiss DCC CMMs using the latest Calypso software and VASST scanning probe, to tight tolerances utilizing GD&T; and embedded model dimensioning.
- Monitor for conformance to design or test specifications. Accept or reject material or articles; identify and document non-conformance and notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of items.
- Establish accept/reject criteria and revision status from blueprints, MIL-specs, screening specs.
- Obtain and maintain all process certification required for assigned tasks.
- Troubleshoot inspection problems related to fixtures, software, drawings, paperwork, or process.
- Prepare and maintain inspection records.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 14 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Moderate to Expert level of competency in the area of mechanical inspection.
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpreting and utilizing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T;) for inspection purposes.
- Proficiency using Windows and common Microsoft Office applications.
- Considerable experience using and programming Zeiss Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) with Calypso software.
- Experience with PC-DMIS and Brown and Sharpe CMMs will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate technical issues and interface with engineering.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: QC Inspector Lead - CMM Inspection (666397)
Job ID: 666397
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time