Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Prototype Machinist - 2nd Shift (664079) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Machinist Prototype – 2nd Shift
What You'll Do:
- Support second shift machining operations in a prototype environment
- Apply advanced knowledge and skills in area of specialization. May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet special needs. Substantial level of competencies in one or more areas of specialization.
- Setup and operate engine lathes for turning, facing, drilling, boring and thread cutting to precision (less than 0.001) tolerances.
- Setup and operate vertical milling machines to mill, drill, bore, precision parts with basic setups to (less than 0.001) tolerances.
- Capable of using programming software (Master CAM) to support the operation of CNC machines.
- Design and fabricate basic holding fixtures.
- Use basic inspection equipment to check parts per ANSI Y14.5.
- Review and interpret electronic build documents for machining requirements.
- Maintain required electronic build records and process logs, records, and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies/procedures and government regulations.
- May make suggestions relating to the machining and fabrication of intricate complex hardware.
- May develop feed and speed information for new materials and new types of cutting tools.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience in a prototype machinist environment or a 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Basic operation of computers.
- Must be able to effectively participate in a team environment with members from all disciplines.
- CNC milling experience is a plus
- Ability to support work on Boulder and Broomfield campus’s.
- Work is performed in a machine shop.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Prototype Machinist - 2nd Shift (664079)
Job ID: 664079
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time