Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Manager II (665763) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Project Manager II
Manage execution of Mechanical Solutions related projects within Ball Aerospace and external subcontractors on large-scale space programs. Projects may be part of a larger program. Synchronization of the project with the overall program is essential.
What you’ll do:
- Act as liaison between program management, project team, functional management, and the customer.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, document, and communicate all aspects of projects: cost, schedule, scope, technical performance, and resource use.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor, and control the project team.
- Develop, manage, document, and communicate project schedules.
- Prepare and communicate status reports.
- Evaluate and resolve project issues to meet defined goals and objectives.
- Plan, monitor, document, and execute mitigation plans for project risk.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor project progress.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to project operations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Manage project stakeholder expectations.
- Plan, monitor, and control project scope.
- Plan and conducts regular project meetings.
- Plan and execute all project closing activities: contract closure, compilation of lessons learned, and archiving of business artifacts.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What you’ll need: *
- BS/BA in related field plus 6 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- PMP certification and Lean Six Sigma training are preferred, but not required.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is preferred. Ability to obtain one is required.
- A history of performance illustrating skills in being a self -starter, having excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to apply sound leadership and management principles to an organization of high performing engineers developing hardware throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Project Manager II (665763)
Job ID: 665763
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time