Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Controls Analyst II - Cost Estimating and Pricing (665757) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Analyst II – Cost Estimating & Pricing
In this position, you will develop the necessary skills to support the Cost Estimating and Pricing process including adherence and understanding of the Ball Estimating System Description (ESD), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Truthful Cost and Pricing Data/TINA.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions during the proposal lifecycle, which includes new business proposals, ROMs and program change proposals as needed. New business opportunities will involve various contract types ranging from Cost Plus, Fixed Price and Time and Materials.
- Provide strategic assistance in analysis of proposal products.
- Data collection and analysis of pricing.
- Prepare cost review presentations.
- Work with Program Managers to develop and maintain the Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Perform direct and indirect rate application and Cost Estimating Relationship (CER) analysis checks for accuracy and consistency.
- Develop, populate and check Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist in the collection of historical data, analysis and correlation for BOE development.
- Develop the ability to apply and follow policies and procedures related to external RFP and AO requirements.
- Work with team to ensure cost volumes are compliant with regulatory requirements and prepared in accordance with company practices.
- Perform Request for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) analysis and compliance related to cost, schedule and proposal submittal.
- Review Basis of Estimates (BOEs) prepared by technical staff including traceability checks.
- Review and provide historical data in support of BOE development.
- Apply lessons learned documentation, assessment and implementation of corrective action/improvements to process.
- Provide fact finding and negotiations support to proposal team and contract manager
- Support internal and external (DCAA/DCMA) audit support as warranted.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS in a related field plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education.
- Willingness to learn and grow in role.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems following established policies and procedures
- Function in a high paced dynamic team work environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Project Controls Analyst II - Cost Estimating and Pricing (665757)
Job ID: 665757
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time