Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Engineer-Mission System Integration (665506) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Principal Engineer – Mission System Integration
Key leader within the mission SEIT team, responsible for the interfaces between the space vehicle and ground segment and all external interfaces. Support development of the mission level verification plan between segments and with external organizations. Responsible for testing at the mission level ensuring that the system we are delivering meets our customer’s requirements and mission needs. Provide guidance across Ball programs for our mission integration activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, release and maintain the SV to ground ICD and all ICDs with external interfaces
- Provide support to development of the mission CONOPS and functional baseline
- Work closely with the verification lead to develop the mission level verification plan
- Responsible for Mission Test Plan and development of mission level test procedures
- Ensure all GSE, network interfaces and other resources are identified and in place to support mission level testing
- Lead mission level test activities. These tests include but not limited to end-to-end data verification, space to ground compatibility and mission scenario testing
- Leadership for operations and launch rehearsal development and execution
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proven success as a technical team lead
- Experience in all phases of execution for space systems with experience in both space vehicle hardware and ground system development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively lead group discussions, ability to set priorities and delegate as required to meet all objectives.
- A TS/SCI clearance is required
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) - CAM experience preferred
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Principal Engineer-Mission System Integration (665506) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 665506
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time