Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Operations/Service Desk Specialist I (665642) - Security Clearance Required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
*Operations/Service Desk Specialist I *
What You'll Do
- Respond to customer requests for assistance with computer software/hardware.
- Respond to user account and password resets.
- Regular patching of Operating Systems, integrated and 3rd party applications (e.g. MS Office, Internet Explorer, Adobe reader, etc.).
- Setup of new computing devices, troubleshoot/replace hardware, and install/troubleshoot software.
- Troubleshoot networking issues – LAN and Wireless
- Troubleshoot remote access – VDI, VPN, Remote Desktop
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, the Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- DoD8570 Compliant Certification (Security + for example) or the ability to obtain one within 3 months of start date.
- Current CI Polygraph or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to fully image/setup new machines.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PC software and networking: classes and/or experience.
- Strong understanding of Windows 7 and 10 desktop operating systems.
- Advanced understanding of Windows Office Professional suite and Office 365.
- Proficiency in supporting Mac OS and Linux desktop operating systems.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate simultaneous tasks/projects.
- Ability to perform computer functions with little or no direct supervision.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Operations/Service Desk Specialist I (665642) - Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 665642
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time